There can be various reasons why you would want to change the password of your Netgear WiFi range extender. But, you don’t have to worry at all! In this post, we will help you to log in to your Netgear extender and change its default password in a fly. Scroll down to read more!
Instructions to Log in to Your Netgear WiFi Extender
Before you learn how to change the password of your Netgear WiFi range extender, you need to first know how to log in to it.
- Select a working wall socket to plug in your Netgear extender.
- Let the LEDs on your device become green and stable.
- After that, grab an Ethernet cable and connect your Netgear extender to the router.
- Then, turn on your PC or laptop.
- Open up an internet browser of your choice and enter mywifiext local in the address bar. If you are using an Android or Windows device, use mywifiext.net.
- Enter the default extender username and password. Click on the Log In button.
As soon as you click on the Log In button, the Netgear Genie Setup Wizard will appear on your screen indicating that you’ve successfully logged in to your WiFi extender.
Now that you have successfully logged in to your extender, let’s guide you with the process on how to change its default password. Continue reading!
How to Change the Default Password of Your Netgear Extender?
In order to change the default password of your Netgear extender, follow the steps outlined underneath in exact given order:
- Connect your Netgear extender and router using an Ethernet connection or a wireless source.
- Let the power LED on your Netgear device become green and stable.
- Turn on a computer or laptop.
- To get access to Netgear Genie setup page, enter mywifiext local or mywifiext.net in the browser’s URL bar.
- Locate the Settings option on the displayed page. Once found, click it and then select the Wireless settings option.
- Enter the new password in the Passphrase or password field and verify it.
- Click on Save to apply the changes.
Thus, in this way, you can easily change the default password of your Netgear WiFi range extender. Now, you can follow the on-screen instructions provided on the Genie setup wizard and setup Netgear extender with ease (if not configured).
In the event that you are facing issues while logging in to Netgear extender or changing its default password, then ensure the following points:
- Make sure that your Netgear extender is receiving continuous WiFi signals from your main router.
- Your Netgear device and router must receive continuous power supply.
- Keep interference-creating WiFi devices at bay from your router and Netgear extender.
- The Ethernet cable you are using to connect your devices must not be damaged.
- Confirm from your ISP whether your data pack is still active or not.
- Cross-check the web address. Mywifiext local or mywifiext.net must be entered without typos in the browser’s address bar only. Web URL, if entered in the browser’s search bar might give you login issues.
- Ensure that you have followed the correct steps to access the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Make sure that you are connected to correct network while changing the password of your Netgear extender.
- Be certain that your router and the Netgear device are placed openly at the center-most area in your home.
That’s all folks! In this way, you can easily log in to your Netgear WiFi range extender and change its default password in a fly. Just in case, you need any assistance regarding the Netgear extender setup process or changing the default password of your device, don’t hesitate to drop your queries into the comments section.