Are you facing issues with your Linksys WiFi extender? Is the extender not working as per expectations? The performance of the device is not up to the mark? If yes, then this post will guide you on how to reset Linksys extender in minutes. Without much ado, let’s get the ball rolling!
Prerequisites to Factory Reset Linksys Extender
- Locate a working and damage-free wall outlet to plug in your Linksys extender.
- Make sure that your Linksys device is receiving a steady power supply.
- There should be no wired or wireless connection between your Linksys extender router, PC, and laptop.
- Don’t forget to take the back up of extender’s settings. Because the factory reset process will delete all the customized settings done by you after Linksys range extender setup process, including username and password.
- Place your Linksys extender away from Bluetooth speaker, non-ventilated room, baby monitors, congested area, lower surface, smart HDTV, etc.
Let’s dig a little deeper!
How to Reset Linksys Extender?
To reset Linksys extender, go through and apply the steps highlighted below in exact given order:
Step 1: Power on your Linksys extender. Ensure to provide the device a continuous power supply.
Step 2: Wait for the LEDs on your Linksys extender to become stable.
Step 3: Locate the reset hole on your Linksys extender
Step 4: Once found, press it using a pin, oil pin or a paper clip.
Step 5: Hold the Linksys extender reset hole for a couple of seconds and release it.
Step 6: Wait for your device to reboot properly.
Hurray! Your Linksys WiFi range extender has been reset successfully back to default factory settings. Now, you need to configure it again. Don’t know how to setup Linksys extender? Fret not! Follow the steps outlined underneath.
How to Setup Linksys Extender?
- Turn the Linksys extender on. Plug it properly into a well-working wall outlet.
- Wait for the Linksys extender’s power LED becomes lit and green.
- As soon as the device power LED become stable, grab a well-working Ethernet cable and connect it to your router. You can also connect them wirelessly.
- Power on your PC or laptop.
- Launch a web browser of your choice.
- Hover the mouse cursor over your browser’s address bar.
- Enter extender.linksys.com web address without making any mistakes or typing errors.
- Linksys WiFi setup page displays.
- Provide the default Linksys extender login credentials into the given fields.
- Click on Log In or OK and follow the on-screen instructions.
In this way, you can easily complete the Linksys range extender setup process using extender.linksys.com web address.
Bonus: To make your Linksys extender running smoothly, power cycle it once in a month. If you don’t know the process to power cycle your Linksys extender, follow the guidelines provided below.
How to Power Cycle Linksys Extender?
- Put your Linksys extender on power. But, before that disconnect it from the currently connected devices.
- Once you see the LEDs on your device are stable or blinking, turn it off and wait for some time.
- Now, turn on your Linksys extender, connect it to your main router, PC, laptop, and mobile devices and start streaming internet to the fullest.
Note: To check your internet connection after power cycling your Linksys extender, log into it using extender.linksys.com.
Facing issues while accessing extender.linksys.com web address. Ensure that your extender is well-connected to the router. Still the same? Perhaps your existing router can be the culprit or not compatible with your Linksys extender. In that case, we suggest you to opt for Linksys router. Login to Linksys router, configure it by following the on-screen instructions and see the difference.
Our guide on how to reset Linksys extender ends here. If you need more assistance or had any other query, simply drop a line into the comments section.